Welcome to the Daniel L. Garner Pattern Method Video Series!
If you would like to jump straight into the practical elements of the method, feel free to start at Section 5 and return to Sections 1-4 later on for additional context.
You can view the Daniel L. Garner Pattern Method eBook below as a companion to the video series. The eBook contains additional guidance on the method and useful charts for practicing.
- Introduction to the Pattern Method
- The DLGPM Chart: L-Pattern Basics
- Example: The Cameraman
- Piano Basics: “Floors,” Keys and Families of Notes
- Examples of Patterns on the Piano
- Improvisation Examples: Blend Creation With Practice
- Improv Technique: Anchor and Dance Hands
- Two-Handed Improvisations on Every Floor
- Play With Others In A Pattern!
- Using the Pattern Method with a Classical Song: Gymnopédie No.1 by Erik Satie
- Play with Someone on a Different Instrument
- Pattern Method Transitions
- Using the Pattern Method with a Classical Song: Moonlight Sonata by Ludwig Beethoven
The Daniel L. Garner Pattern Method – eBook
If you’ve found the method helpful, we ask that you consider supporting us financially.