Here are some tips that helped me on my Pattern Method journey, and some ideas for you to try. More can be found in the eBook.
Navigate the DLGPM Video Series
- Introduction to the Pattern Method
- The DLGPM Chart: L-Pattern Basics
- Example: The Cameraman
- Piano Basics: “Floors,” Keys and Families of Notes
- Examples of Patterns on the Piano
- Improvisation Examples: Blend Creation With Practice
- Improv Technique: Anchor and Dance Hands
- Two-Handed Improvisations on Every Floor
- Play With Others In A Pattern!
- Using the Pattern Method with a Classical Song: Gymnopédie No.1 by Erik Satie
- Play with Someone on a Different Instrument
- Pattern Method Transitions
- Using the Pattern Method with a Classical Song: Moonlight Sonata by Ludwig Beethoven
- Ideas <—
Having trouble viewing the videos on your device? Click the pop-out icon on each video to view it in a separate window.